The Humboldt Community Breast Health Project web site provides treatment tips for:
HCBHP also offers a variety of services free of charge. Please refer to our web page on services for more information.
Things Loved Ones Can Do to Help
Ways support people can help (without being asked!):
- Provide rides to doctor appointments and treatment appointments - women undergoing radiation therapy often enjoy company
- Offer to take notes at medical appointments
- Provide child care - arrange play dates with other children, attend the children's events such as sport games and recitals, take the children for a sleepover, read to the children
- Bring a movie once a week, return to pick it up
- Prepare and deliver a meal or make meals, breads, cookies that can be frozen and used as needed
- Offer to do the laundry
- Offer to do the grocery shopping - help create the grocery list
- Offer to mow the yard or do other yard work
- Offer to handle the family's recycling
- Offer to clean house, the bathrooms or the kitchen one day a week
- Offer to take care of the animals, e.g., pet the cat, walk the dog
- Deliver a gas card to the family, if appropriate
- Deliver a gift certificate for a healing massage
- Pay for dinner at a restaurant then baby-sit the children while the parents have an evening out together
- Offer to make phone calls or send e-mails to update friends
- Create tapes to listen to during treatment
Gift certificates for laundry service, housecleaning, meals, groceries, videos, bath supplies, lotions. Certificate for massage or make-over.
Questions and Comments
For questions and comments about our treatment tips, please call us at (707) 825-8345.